You or a loved one decided to enter an addiction or mental health treatment program and start working toward wellness. Congratulations! Now, how do you get there?
Or, maybe you have just finished your treatment program and finally get to go home or find a room at a halfway house. How in the world are you expected to navigate the logistics of travel, handle the cash necessary for food and transportation transactions, and arrive at your destination without getting triggered and falling back into old, destructive habits?
If handling the details is a daunting prospect for you or your recovering loved one, Modern Recovery will take the weight off of your shoulders with our Safe Passage service.
What is the Safe Passage Service?
Modern Recovery recognizes the anxiety, stress, and possible relapse triggers that can arise traveling to, from, or between treatment facilities. Safe Passage is safe and sober transport that will help you by accompanying you on your entire journey and handling all the complicated and stressful details.
Regardless of where your trip starts and ends – a treatment center, jail, your home, or anywhere else – we will be with you the whole way. A Modern Recovery Sober Transporter will pick you up, arrange travel and lodging details, handle transactions that you fear may be triggering, and provide emotional support and guidance throughout the process.
Your Safe Passage attendant is dedicated to your comfort and wellbeing while you transition from one destination to another. It doesn’t matter if you are starting from jail and heading to a detox facility for the very first time or if you’ve finished with your time at a mental health center and need help integrating back into your home life; your safe passage escort will be there every step of the way.
What can Safe Passage Do for Me?
An escort will be happy to:
- Meet you at your current location, accompany you to your destination, and stay with you until you settle in safely and comfortably
- Arrange travel details such as hotel lodging, flight tickets, and itinerary, so you do not have to worry about any of the logistics
- Store cash and handle monetary transactions if you feel that managing your own money would be detrimental to your recovery
- Provide emotional support and recovery coaching when you find yourself in a triggering situation
- Accompany you to your new treatment facility to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need
- Provide encouragement and reminders that you are making significant changes for yourself and your loved ones
- Provide a healthy transition back to home life by eliminating all drugs and alcohol from home, so nothing challenges your new healthy lifestyle
- Accompany you to group recovery or therapy meetings and assist with the process of making connections and forming a healthy support network
- Accompany you during activities such as exercise and meditation to help you build a solid foundation of healthy habits
- Act as an advisor to friends and family to advocate on your behalf for a healthy and sober environment
- Address any specific needs you may have and attempt to make your transition as seamless as possible
How do I Arrange These Services?
Remember that the transition to a treatment facility, between facilities, and back home afterward are critical stages in the recovery process. Make sure you are utilizing all the tools and help available to you by allowing our Safe Passage escorts to smooth the way.
The easiest way to request Safe Passage is to use our Modern Recovery app. If you would like more information or to discuss further options, please call us today.